November 19, 2006 at 11:43:05
Clergy Sex Abuse - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
by Debby Bodkin
Intervention is Needed by Religious, Government & PoliticalLeaders. The letter below was sent to Cardinal Roger Mahony's legaladvisors with hope that the protections of children, adults, familiesand employees will take precedent over the Church's image and financialportfolio.
November 19, 2006
Cardinal Roger Mahony
Catholic Archdiocese of Los Angeles
c/o J. Michael Hennigan, Esq.
c/o Albert P. Ballog, Esq.
Re: Secrecy and Deception -- Protections of Children
Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
Dear Messrs. Hennigan and Ballog, as legal representatives for Cardinal Roger Mahony and the Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese:
As cradle a Catholic with 4 children who attended Catholic schools, itis hard to accept that precious children and families continue to bevictims of sex crimes and failures to protect by employees supervisedby you and your legal advisors. The recent allegations at Daniel MurphyCatholic High School are a disgrace! Nothing has changed since theclergy sex abuse crisis erupted 5 years ago.
How many more children and families will be destroyed because youremployees and legal advisors refuse to place the protections ofchildren BEFORE your personal image and the Catholic Church?
How many employees supervised by you and your legal advisors will facethe wrath of the influences of the Catholic Church in a court of law,for reporting violations of the law?
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
* Are you aware of the life-long effects of Posttraumatic StressDisorder that plagues each and every child, adult and family that hassurvived horrific clergy sex abuse crimes or the wrath of theinfluences of the Catholic Church in a court of law?
* Why do you lie to the public?
* Why do you lie to your employees as mandated reporters?
* Why do you lie to precious children and their families?
* Why do you continue to re-victimize clergy sex abuse victims andtheir families as evidenced in the recent allegations concerning sexabuse crimes committed by an employee under your supervision at DanielMurphy Catholic High School?
In the interests of public safety and justice, the ongoing political,religious and law enforcement influences that have aided the CatholicChurch in covering up sex crimes and other violations of the law, muststop NOW!
As evidence of the ongoing failures to protect children, please referto the attached .pdf copy of a letter written by two Los Angeles CountySheriffs in support of the dismissal of felony gun charges that werefiled against the former principal's son at Santa Margarita CatholicHigh School in April 2001, R.J. Hemenway. In the midst of the clergysex abuse crisis, political and government leaders assisted theCatholic Church in facing the consequences of violating childprotection laws and the Gun Free Schools Act of 2000.
Yes, the Sheriff's letter was successful and the principal of aprominent Catholic high school in Orange County was transferred toBishop Amat Catholic High School, one of the schools under yoursupervision in the Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese. Sound familiar?
Unfortunately, there is something seriously wrong with the lettersubmitted by two Los Angeles County Sheriffs in support of dismissingfelony gun charges against a prominent Catholic school principal's son-- the sheriffs misspelled "Hemingway" in the letter when the correctspelling is "Hemenway". Who were the government officials responsiblefor verifying the legitimacy of this letter?
* Does this have anything to do with the fact that legal advisors forthe Los Angeles Catholic Archdiocese, Albert P. Ballog, Daniel R.Sullivan, Esq. and Michael J. Peffer, all members of the firm ofSullivan & Ballog, simultaneously represent the Catholic Diocese ofOrange and the OC Sheriff's Department?
* Does a legal conspiracy exist? Is there a self-insured legalmalpractice fund that employs and protects the Catholic Church fromaccountability for destroying the lives of children and families?
Please stop the games -- children are not safe! Nothing has changedsince the clergy sex abuse crisis erupted 5 years ago. Due process ofthe law, the protections of children and those who protect them asmandated reporters are non-existent in the business and employmentpractices of the Catholic Church. Without justice, there will never bepeace and without peace, we might as well laugh at each and every childprotection law that the Catholic Church and its legal advisors,continue to manipulate for personal and financial gain.
Debby Bodkin, Founder
cc: Orange County District Attorney
Los Angeles District Attorney
State Bar of California
California Department of Justice
Having a problem accessing a file or finding what you are looking for? Email us
for a listing of alternate locations.
of an article of interest
Publishing a story about TFYQA? - See our for the News Media
Want to share your news! Use Submit TFYQA News
.Pedophilia and sexual abuse of children in Australia